No products in the cart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We don’t have a showroom with full displays unfortunately. We do this to keep our overheads down so we can sell our products at the low prices we do. However, you are more than welcome to visit our warehouse/factory to see the quality of our products and have a chat! We have the full range of all our products available for you to see but you must make an appointment before visiting.
Unfortunately we just do not have the time to offer a free design service to everyone. If however you are struggling to navigate around the site, or find what you require, we offer a free quotation service where we will price up any lists of items/plans that you send us.
Yes. You are more than welcome to come and collect directly from us. Orders for collection will need to be placed over the phone.
All payments taken via this website or over the phone are processed using secure methods:
– Card Payments: We have an SSL security certificate on our checkout which encrypts all of your private information so no-one can see it – Not even ourselves. We are regularly checked for compliance to make sure we conduct payments securely.
– Paypal: If you would prefer, payment can be made by using your paypal account for extra peace of mind.
Lead times are stated on each individual product page, but in general:
-Stocked items are shipped within 2 working days via 48hr courier, so please allow 4 working days after date of order.
-Made to order items are shipped in 7-9 working days via 48hr courier, so please allow 9-11 working days after date of order.
We fulfil these lead times in 99% of cases, but please be aware, problems do occasionally occur, more so with made to order items, so please do not book any fitters until your goods are received. If there are any issues we will notify you immediately.
£7.99 for orders under £150
£14.99 for orders £150 to £375
FREE for orders over £375
Stocked items can be returned within 14 days of purchase with prior authorisation from ourselves. You will received a full refund minus postage costs.
(NOTE: Stocked doors that have been drilled for hinge holes cannot be returned as these are classed as made to order)
-Made to Order Items:
Unfortunately made to order items cannot be returned. Once you have placed your order, there is a 24hr window before items will go into production where you can cancel.
In the unlikely situation that your goods are faulty or arrive damaged, replacements will be sent free of charge as soon as possible.
Yes we do. We offer various colour samples and cut offs, as well as heavily discounted small doors. Please click here to view all our samples and swatches.
Unfortunately we cannot drill holes for the handles. The holes we can drill are for the hinges or for any of our integrated handles for doors.
If you order cabinets off us as well as your doors then we will drill them in the correct location to suit the cabinets.
If you are putting our doors on your existing cabinets then you can either have our standard drilling and just re-drill your cabinet to suit, or you can order the hinge holes to suit.
Hinge holes are measured from the top and bottom of the door to the centre of the hinge hole. Hinge holes are 35mm in diameter.
– If you are replacing doors, the easiest method is to just measure where the holes are on your old door.
– If you aren’t replacing doors, then you need to measure your cabinet height and the distance from top and bottom of cabinet to the centre of each set of the two hinge holes. Then you need to allow for the size difference between the door and the cabinet. Eg, a 720 cabinet uses a 715mm door, so your measurements will need 2.5mm taking off them so the door is in the centre height wise.
The majority of cabinets are of standard heights and widths. Lets start with the width of the door:
– Door Width: The door needs to be 3mm to 4mm smaller than the width of the cabinet. So if your cabinet is 600mm, your door needs to be 596mm or 597mm. The reason for this, is because your doors need to be able to open without catching on adjacent doors.
– Door Height: The door height needs to be 5mm smaller than the height of the cabinet, so you have a 2.5mm space above and below it. So if your cabinet is 720mm high, then the door will be 715mm. If there is more than one door, for example on a larder unit, then you will want a 4mm – 5mm gap between doors. Eg a 1970 larder will have a 715mm and a 1245mm door which leaves a 2.5mm gap at top and bottom and a 5mm gap in-between the doors.
If you require custom size cabinets then you need to go to our main website: www.benjamin-james.com
On this website we only stock the most popular sizes and finishes. We have many more handles in different sizes and finishes on our main website www.benjamin-james.com